Job Ref.: 101
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Basic salary range: Competitive
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000 dependent upon experience
Working within an award winning team you will have a passion for food and be focused on continuous professional development. A stickler for maintaining service standards and a team player, you will have a recognised qualification in food preparation and cooking, such as an NVQ 2 or equivalent. You will have a sound, working knowledge of food preparation in professional kitchens and rosette experience is essential. Great interpersonal skills are essential. Most of all the key to this role is someone who has a passion for food and ambition. Working flexibly to meet the business needs, 5/7 days including weekends and bank holidays. Live-in can be offered with this role.
Key responsibilities include:
• Take responsibility for the organization and work methods of the Kitchen Porter's, & Commis Chefs
• To create an environment which promotes employee morale, and encourages a team to have pride in their working environment
• Have a flexible response to business and client needs and to give full co-operation to a colleague requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
• To take part in any daily briefings and take part in any meetings when required
• To comply with the statutory requirements for fire, health and safety, licensing and employment law, and to ensure that other team members are also aware of these requirements.
• Carry out any reasonable request set out by Head Chef, Sous Chef, or Senior Chef De Partie regarding food preparation or general kitchen duties.
• Adhere to all regulations set out by Dormy House Hotel and Spa.
The ideal candidate will have a recognised qualification in food preparation and cooking, such as an NVQ 1 or 2 (preferably both). They will have a sound, working knowledge of food preparation in professional kitchens to at least Demi Chef De Partie level, preferably in a 2 AA rosette environment. Having knowledge of food safety up to level 2 would be an advantage.
Preferably they will have experience of deputising for a Sous Chef and exposure to food ordering, HACCP maintenance and general kitchen Health and Safety regulations. They will have great interpersonal skills and be able to verbally communicate effectively. Key to this role is someone who has a passion for food and an ambition to be part of this once in a life time exciting opportunity.
Job description: Chef de Partie - March 2013.doc