Job Ref.: 101
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Basic salary range: £17,000 - £19,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 dependent upon experience
We are currently looking for a talented Chef De Partie to join our kitchen brigade of 11 chefs and team of 5 Kitchen Porters. They will be required to work for an acclaimed accolade winning Head Chef in an award winning team, working consistently at a level that will deliver first class food for the fine dining restaurant and brasserie at all times. They will have a passion for food and be willing to learn and develop their skills, therefore enhancing the teams overall skills and ability to achieve culinary goals. Maintaining service standards, by working with the food and beverage team is a must and the food and service offered to customers must at all times be personal, memorable and anticipatory.
Key responsibilities include:
• Take responsibility for the organization and work methods of the Kitchen Porter's, & Commis Chefs
• To create an environment which promotes employee morale, and encourages a team to have pride in their working environment
• Have a flexible response to business and client needs and to give full co-operation to a colleague requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
• To take part in any daily briefings and take part in any meetings when required
• To comply with the statutory requirements for fire, health and safety, licensing and employment law, and to ensure that other team members are also aware of these requirements.
• Carry out any reasonable request set out by Head Chef, Sous Chef, or Senior Chef De Partie regarding food preparation or general kitchen duties.
• Adhere to all regulations set out by Dormy House Hotel and Spa.
The ideal candidate will have a recognised qualification in food preparation and cooking, such as an NVQ 1 or 2 (preferably both). They will have a sound, working knowledge of food preparation in professional kitchens to at least Demi Chef De Partie level, preferably in a 2 AA rosette environment. Having knowledge of food safety up to level 2 would be an advantage.
Preferably they will have experience of deputising for a Sous Chef and exposure to food ordering, HACCP maintenance and general kitchen Health and Safety regulations. They will have great interpersonal skills and be able to verbally communicate effectively. Key to this role is someone who has a passion for food and an ambition to be part of this once in a life time exciting opportunity.
Job description: Chef de Partie - March 2013.doc