Job Ref.: 104
Job Title: Commis Chef (Kitchen Main)
Basic salary range: £14,000 - £14,500 dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Salary: £14,000 - £15,000 dependent upon experience
Due to our refurbishment and our desire to offer the very best freshly prepared food, we are looking for an enthusiastic Commis Chef to join our kitchen brigade of ten. This individual will be required to work within this able team to consistently deliver first class dishes and work at high service standards, thus ensuring a high level of client satisfaction at all times. They will be able to learn and develop their own skills, therefore enhancing the teams overall skills and ability to achieve culinary goals. They will be expected to maintain service standards, by working with the food and beverage team, and providing a service that is personal, memorable and anticipatory.
Key responsibilities include:
• Being prepared to work on and be trained on any kitchen section.
• Carrying out any reasonable request set out by the Head Chef, Sous Chef, or Chef De Partie regarding food preparation or general kitchen duties.
• To create an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages a team to have pride in their working environment.
• Have a flexible response to business and client needs and to give full co-operation to a colleague requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
• To take part in any daily briefings and take part in any meetings when required.
• To comply with the statutory requirements for fire, health and safety, licensing and employment law, and to ensure that other team members are also aware of these requirements.
• Adhere to all regulations set out by Dormy House Hotel and Spa.
The Ideal candidate will have a recognised qualification in food preparation and cooking, such as NVQ 1 or 2 (preferably both) and some experience of working in professional kitchens. Ideally they will have food safety knowledge up to level 2, although training to this level may be given.
They will have good interpersonal skills and be able to verbally communicate effectively. Most of all they will have a passion for food and a hunger to learn and develop themselves in a quality food environment.
If you're the chef we are looking for, apply now.