Job Ref.: 109
Job Title: Head Reception/Host (live-out)
Salary / Package: £18,000 dependent on experience
Category: Front of House
Basic salary range: Competitive
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Head Receptionist will manage the reception team ensuring the guest arrival and hosting are second to none setting the scene for their stay. An important part of the role is to ensure training is delivered so that standards are maintained throughout the team and to identify training needs and where necessary implement new procedures to ensure that the service offered is always relevant and evolving. The role is also pivotal in supporting the operations, sales and reservations teams.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in managing a team focused on delivering exception customer service.
- A proven track record in hospitality, particularly reception, front of house and hosting.
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Meticulous attention to detail and a stickler for quality
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – relates to people and needs and is able to influence with power
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm – outgoing personality
- Ability to anticipate guest needs and to exceed expectations
- A team focused and flexible.
- Ambition and drive
- Confident of using IT system including excel, word, outlook and Opera
- Formal study/qualification in hospitality
- 4 red star experience in perhaps London or similar setting
Straight shifts are worked including early, mid or late, five days over seven. Bank holiday and weekend working are part of the normal rota. A high degree of flexibility is required.
Applicants must possess a driving licence and their own transport because of our rural location and the size of the Farncombe estate.
Key responsibilities include:
• As the primary contact for guest arrivals, be fully aware at all times on arrivals, departures and special occasions and events and communicate to all relevant personnel.
• Ensure that the service offered is personal, memorable and anticipatory.
• To ensure that guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up.
• Building relationships with guests, ensuring that they want to return and recommend.
• Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel and spa.
• You will be required to attend all necessary training both on the job and that which is a legal requirement.
• Be fully conversant with and adhere to the hotel standards of operation and department procedures.
• Be fully conversant with and able to sell and promote all services and facilities available to the guests at the hotel and spa.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in hospitality, particularly reservations/reception and have previous experience of working in a similar role and establishment. They will be confident in sales and selling techniques – both face to face and telephone - and have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. They will be self-motivated with a natural flair and passion for customer service, lots of energy and enthusiasm with an outgoing welcoming personality. Finally being team focused with a flexible approach to work is a must!
If you have a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude, and feel you have all the attributes to be a Reservations/Host and join this very important team, then apply now.
Job description: dh - reception host july 2013 (revised).doc